Seiten

Donnerstag, 17. Oktober 2013

Day 9: Exploring the neighborhood

As my immune system finally recovered Ashley got sick. But I didn´t know this when I woke up in a completely silent flat. An hour passed by and nothing moved, so I decided to explore the neighborhood by going to one of the two only places I really knew: The drive-through pharmacy. Yaaaay. On the way I passed one of Orlandos 10 000 lakes, named "Lilly", and decided to enjoy the good weather.




If you look closely you can spot a toddler in the upper picture. As I passed them by the girl stopped watching turtles and instead decided to follow me around. Giggling and touching her hair. Then touching my hair which made her burst out into laughter. First it was funny but then she just would´t leave. Neither the father, nor I knew what to do so I spent the next half hour watching turtles with a two year old. Good times!

After my quick pharmacy visit I took all the comic books I could carry, went down to the pier and started reading them. At some point I must have fallen asleep because I woke to one of Ashleys neighbors laughing. Given my sleeping position I think I know why. I have this weird habit of squeezing myself into the most uncomfortable chairs and just turning around until its good enough for sleeping. That helps a lot when you travel but from the outside it must look like this:



All in all it was a lazy day, Ashley got up at some point, we finished watching "Party monster" and ate burritos. Then I went back to the lake again. I will miss it.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.