Seiten

Sonntag, 13. Oktober 2013

Day 6: ´MURICA!

Yesterday was interesting. I have only been away for a few days but it feels like I am finally getting into this travel thing where time and priorities become a very relative thing and do nothing but leave you pretty exited for everything that could possibly happen next. I don´t plan things so they just keep happening and I seem to enjoy that.

Ashley and I got up at 7am and drove to a vintage flea market. I swear if I would have lived in Orlando a lot of furniture would have been bought but since I don´t I tried to focus on things that fit in my bag and hopefully won't break (We´ll see about that…)





One thing I like about America is how you start and handle smalltalk. It seems to me like there are certain conversational rules that make everything very simple, even if you normally don´t shine in this field. Additionally some people use nicknames like: Sweetheart, sunshine, cutie or lovely and I love that. It gives you permission to be absolutely exited about everything so I usually try to outnice my conversational partner or give a lot of compliments because people do appreciate that.

On our way back we spontaneously pulled up to a yard sale where a family offered all kind of crazy stuff for sale. I only got a dress but Ashley surely hit the jackpot as she bought an Ouja board. They also offered an original indian folk dress, all kinds of toys and all that for nearly nothing.

So here´s my new baggage.


We then decided to take it slow. Partly because we were tired and partly because I didn´t blog for 3 days and wanted to update everything which took a few hours because I really didn´t feel like doing it. Somewhen during that time John, Ashleys new roommate, arrived. John works at Disney and plans roller coasters which is probably one of the coolest jobs ever.

Ashley had to leave for work, John arranged his stuff and I went down to the lake to play some ukulele. Songwriting is becoming easier again now that nothing really matters. I can just do what I feel like doing, no pressure. An it pays off. I like my new songs.

John and I then got fancy and left to a housewarming party which was nice. There were a lot of very smart people who are getting their PhD´s in fields like artificial intelligence and stuff. I didn´t really feel like getting drunk again so I enjoyed the conversations and tried to learn a few things. We discussed and sometimes argumented about many things and it was interesting to hear about different mindsets when it comes to certain topics. But before you think we were all getting intellectual I should probably point out that this house also had a pole dancing room and therefore people kept stripping into their underwear because "of the better grip". They were doing crazy acrobatic stuff- and I´m talking about guys and girls here. Everyone had the physical abilities of a monkey, except for me but thanks to a girl that also works as a pole dance instructor I can now do a fireman spin, YAY!


We got home around 5 am and in america that apparently is the perfect time to grab a Mc Donalds breakfast which we did. Today I learned a lot of things but the most important one is probably: You can buy shotguns a Walmart.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.