Seiten

Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2013

Day 8: Kiss her, dammit!

9am, Orlando. Brian was sitting in one of the many box offices feeling equally bored and restless as a grey car pulled over. In it, he spotted two girls. One of them handed him a 20 dollar bill. "It´s showtime", he mumbled as he went to his desk and got a small, white card to bring back to the car. He remembered the instructors voice telling him to be friendly as he had just finished his "Welcome trainee weekend" that has been a lot of things but not welcoming. Therefore he put on his brightest fake smile, leaned into the car and wished them " a magical day", which was smooth. "Well done Brian", he said "Only 600 more times or so then you can go home." 

This is how I imagine working at the welcoming booth at disney and yes, "welcoming" is an official job there. You can either do it at the parking lot or at the attractions entrance and it´s mostly retired old men or students working part time. You can even do an internship at disney if you are from Europe and have a bachelor degree. They won´t pay you much, you are not allowed to leave their property and you will sell food at Epcot all day but hey, Disney.

Why do I know all this? Because John got us into disney for free and it was, as imaginary Brian already announced, magical. Ashley stayed for about two hours, I spent the whole day there. The only thing that kinda sucked was how awkward some people make you feel about going to disney alone. They actually make it "a thing", and not a good one. But I decided not to care and had fun nevertheless.

I love taking pictures of people taking pictures

Lucky me was witnessing a child getting traumatized for life by one of the rides and sat next to a 4 year old in Ariels grotto that kept screaming "Kiss the girl, dammit. You gotta kiss her NOW!" as we reached that part of the story so that was fun.






John and I would meet up after he finished work (that guy has a freaking office at/near magic kingdom) and he took me to his old place where we packed up his last inventory to bring it to Ashleys later. He showed me his comic book collection and another big pile of comic books he didn´t want anymore. The words "You can have them all" clearly marked a point where my brain could´t proceed anymore. No way I could take them with me but I do read most of these and sadfghjklöä.



So I started to read as many as I could while he packed up stuff. Good thing that I am a ridiculously fast reader and therefore read 4 trades and half a hardcover in 30 minutes. I guess thats my secret superpower and it finally came in handy.


We ended the day at "pom pom". A great sandwich restaurant, I liked it.


PS: Having John as an inside man I could finally ask the questions no one really answered so far.
1) Have people died at disney? Yes!
2) Do they really drag their bodies off the lot to declare them dead in order to keep disney the happiest place on earth? Maybe.
3) How did people die? People die mostly in hotel rooms and have heart attacks but a few years ago two boys (13 & 14) were too inpatient to wait for the boat to take them to Tom Sawyers island, decided to swim there and drowned. Yeah, there were two dead children swimming in one of the main attractions. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.