Seiten

Montag, 21. Oktober 2013

Day 15: The day I got myself a travel- grandma.

One of the good things of my parenting was that I basically could do anything I wanted. I could make bad decisions but I had to be ready to live with the consequences and that taught me to use my brain instead of just blindly following what others tell you. Now imagine how I felt when I spent the day with a very nice 60 year old lady that constantly told me to "put on sunblock and don´t dress like this!

She also educated me about how tattoos are a bad thing, white skin is often a sign of education and being rude to employes at stores shows them that you know what you want. A strong woman with a lot of strong opinions that starts her day with yoga and sometimes just summarizes what she learned about me by saying things like: "You sometimes eat two warm meals a day" out loud.

Isolde already travelled the whole world, likes to scuba dive and lives in Berlin. Now she is here and lives in the room next to me. We are friends because I can change the language on her digital camera and know how to set up a DVD player. These are two of my best qualities. Still she is very nice and right now I find the whole thing very amusing and a little bit comfortable because she brings me fruit and tee into my room - just in case I get hungry. I found myself a travel grandma today and I don´t know how to handle this yet.

We decided to rent a car for the week and it only costs each of us 10€/Day. This way I can visit Westpunt and St. Christoffel plus get some diving advice by an expert. I just really need to find a way to not be annoyed when she tells me to put on a different shirt because this one will get me raped. It´s a tank top lady and we have 32 degrees outside. 

Apart from that I started to use my go pro under water today. I think it will take me a few days to find the right settings and angles but whatever the outcome may be it will be blue water and fish. 




Isolde already went to bed and suggested I would too because we are starting early tomorrow. Laura, a new girl at the hostel, will join us and I hope this way I can actually have some time for myself at the beach. If not I still have my ukulele, thats a good excuse to sit alone on a stone and be artsy. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.