Seiten

Freitag, 18. Oktober 2013

Day 12: Bon bini!


Curacao. I am finally here and, as far as I can tell, I love it. The hostel is a very nice house with a fully equipped kitchen, a living room and 5 guest rooms. Right now we are 3 people here- me and a german couple. On sunday another guy will join us. Art, the owner, is very easy and I got a special price which makes the spontaneous ticket-buying thing suck less!



As you can see from the pictures I already decided to get comfortable. 10 days are enough time to pretend that you are living here and I like looking at pretty stuff. Still, the prettiest thing in this hostel is a neighbors cat that decides to spend most of her time here. I would like to rent this room forever!




The flight was very interesting, as the man next to me turned out to be a hostel owner at Bonaire, decided to paint me a map of the island and told me what I should´t miss out on. This took about an hour but then I could finally start to read my new book. Soon after I started reading something weird happened. Someone threw a piece of paper on my book basically saying that I am cute and he wants to know my name and telephone number. He actually wrote it in a very nice way but I didn´t see who it was and it didn´t make me feel comfortable at all. So I decided to not lift my head again until this plane lands at the airport. But soon the guy, who was a flight attendant, started to talk to me. He just would´t stop and the flight took 3 hours. So when we were landing I wrote down what I wanted to say and left- but he came after me asking, again, for my name and number. I told him that I left the sheet on my seat and thought this would set me free but no, after I got my bag he was waiting for me at the exit. I am a person that appreciates personal space and he just crossed a line. So thankfully my hostel owner was there to pick me up so I could just leave this whole thing.



Also, I just found a lovely piece of paper telling me that "my bag was along the selected objects for physical inspection" so they basically searched my stuff. Explains why there was such a mess in it. And there goes my privacy for this day! Still the hostel somehow makes up for everything.


Tomorrow I think I will visit the floating market to get some food, walk through Willemstad and maybe visit a beach. I got a bike to borrow for free so that should be easy! 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.