Seiten

Montag, 28. Oktober 2013

Day 20: Felis cumpleaño

Earlier this week Dodi invited me to his 50th birthday party and tonight I followed his invitation. Going there by public transportation seemed confusing but was actually very easy. Once you find the main bus station you wait for a car with the number plate "bus", ask where they are going and if they say anything that could mean "yes" or sounds like a place you recognize you get in, pay 2 gilders and hope for the best.




Dodi lives in a luxurious reservoir on the outskirts of Willemstad. It´s a very nice villa with sea view. As I arrived Dodi, Angel, Eva and Franz already sat at the balcony preparing decorations and food
I helped setting everything up and soon came to the realization that this will be different than I thought. At the end we were about 30 people, everyone very rich and very well dressed. I´m positive that I was the the only person under 40 and without kids. We drank expensive champaign, ate tapas and sushi and everyone asked me when I am planning to start my own family.

It was weird but I got used to it and ended up talking with Franz for most of the night. He works as a navy captain and had the most amazing and cruel stories to tell. Up to this point he has travelled the whole world with his ship. He loves the job. "We bring the soldiers where they need to go and they fight, sleep in tents and eat shitty food. As for us, we get a decent meal every night, sower warm and have a personal cabin. I nearly died a few times but I see so many things that I sometimes have the feeling I´ve been alive far more than some people would be within a 100 years." He does´t like humans too much but he loves the sea and everything in it. Also he does´t eat fish because fish are friends.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.