Seiten

Samstag, 12. Oktober 2013

Day 3: Uptown

Lets turn back time to the morning before I produced one of the worst meals ever to be improvised and start where Alan took me to get breakfast.
I ordered pancakes with fruits, butter and syrup and could´t help but absolutely fall in love with the interior. It was mostly painted skateboards decks and carved pumpkins but they arranged it very nicely.




There really only ever was one thing I wanted to do in NY and it was playing Ukulele at central park. Alan got home and I walked there by foot which took some time but it was nice to see the city transform as I went through all these different districts. On my way I even passed a "puppy daycare center" which brings me back to washington square parks pigeon guy: YES! You can cover yourself in Puppies (And it seems like you can even get payed for it)



When I arrived at central park it was windy and cold but I am naturally stubborn so that clearly wasn´t a reason for not entering. I walked up to the entrance and WOOSH my ukulele flew away. So I´m talking about a shitload of wind here.

At the entrance a lot of people try to sell maps, bike rides etc. and they can get pretty pushy. I usually try to weird them out by asking questions so they would feel uncomfortable and leave but one guy ended up answering all of these and we had a good laugh because he actually studied half a year at my hometown, at Johannes Kepler University. He called his friends over and we were having a lovely conversation. Turns out most of them actually had pretty high education and some even spoke german.

At central park I tried to find a cosy spot to play Ukulele which took some time. On my way I gave half my money to a lovely homeless man who was looking at birds, had a good conversation and took pictures of squirrels. A little while later I sat down on a small hill, between two stones, and played. It felt good but I was freezing my ass off. Still people seemed to like it since there were a lot of pictures taken. But all the wind really started messing with my health so I soon had to leave.





After walking back to lower manhattan I went to the tea place Alan showed me and sat down in a corner, drawing and listening to music. Unfortunately I started to feel very sick so after two hours I left and went back to my hosts place. I felt like throwing up, my hands were shaking and I felt dizzy, so I lay down a little but nothing changed.



Well, I could feel miserable and do nothing or feel miserable and actually be productive so I started cooking. I guess most of you already read how that turned out. Alan and Jon were still polite enough to eat it.

After dinner Alan took me for a last walk ´round the neighborhood where we ran into a friend of him who we ended up visiting. He actually read "hitchhikers guide through galaxy" and I got a fist bump for my tattoo. And whiskey. Good whiskey that made me feel very sick. I didn´t feel well at all.

Still, I liked New York. Maybe I just really need to relax a little but I´ll come back in November. For now I´ll leave to sunnier places :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.