Seiten

Freitag, 25. Oktober 2013

Day 16: What?

Sometimes people take very easy things, waste a little breath on it and leave everyone involved with an awkward feeling. Isolde managed to nearly get a shore dive for free because she made the diving instructor so mad, he didn´t even want her money anymore. He literally came up to me saying: "Take your grandma and leave. I don´t care how you do it but get the old lady away from me."



But first things first: Laura decided to come to Westpunt with us. After Isolde woke me up in the morning, gave a speech about the importance of breakfast and ranted about the island I was more than happy to have someone joining the trip. Laura is 30, lived in Sydney for the last years and just moved back to Düsseldorf 5 weeks ago. She works as a teacher and spends all her free time traveling famous diving spots. 

On the way to Laguna Beach we found Flamingos and 6 churches that were all closed but Isolde still slammed the brakes every time, shouting "Oh this is nice I need to take a picture." Summarizing our amazing catholic adventures I promise all churches in Curacao have the same outline, color and probably the same interior.




But somehow we made it to the diving school. Laguna Beach was beautiful, I bought snorkeling equipment and stayed in the water for some time. Isolde and Laura prepared themselves for their first dive on Curacao. Isolde has this theory that she ALWAYS deserves to get things cheaper because she usually finds something that´s not ok or could have been better. Yesterday she caused a huge scene at a supermarket because of fixed prices for apples. Naturally she wanted the dive for half of the price.

The instructor didn´t like this idea too much but she usually doesn´t give up that fast and just decided to follow him WHEREVER he went, talking about the discount she deserves. I tried to talk to her, Laura tried to talk to her. She wouldn´t listen. The instructor got very mad so we forced her to give him the money and leave with us. We are allowed to go back, she is probably banned for life.




I then convinced the group to go to Janchies, a restaurant I read about on various travel blogs where you can eat Leguana and "Karko", which is a sea shell. Laura and I shared both dishes and it tastes ok. Eating Leguana  isn´t easy. There are lots of bones and organs and it tastes like chicken. We (and by "we" I mean Laura and I because Isolde was busy complaining about how the salad didn´t have a dressing and how that is a sign of missing education) joked around with the owner and got a dessert + wooden parrot statues for free. I can really recommend this place :)

On our way back we stopped at Playa Kalki and after that went back to the hostel. Dodi and I decided to go to the cinema today and I invited Laura and Isolde to come with us. Isolde didn´t feel like walking fast so we came late and Dodi was already gone. I felt bad. Still, we watched Gravity in OV with spanish subtitles and it was good. On the way home Isolde wouldn´t shut up about how you can´t trust black men and that we have to be careful. First, thats racist and second- how come that she suddenly was able to walk very fast? Continuously talking about how black/poor people are bad. She was driving me insane. I think I got a little bit mean at one point as I told her that "we are the only fucking people on this fucking street so you might as well just chill" but as always she ignored it and kept talking.

I will take a day off tomorrow because all my social abilities have been used babysitting a 60 year old. 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.