Seiten

Samstag, 19. Oktober 2013

Day 13: Morto ta pa sèmper ma bida ta koriku.

Compared to the islands enhanced macho culture I almost feel bad calling the guy from yesterday a creep but who could have known how hard it is for some people to differ between woman and meat. Since wishing I was a guy won´t turn me into one while I´m travelling I guess the only real option here is to keep looking for my inner sassy Latina. Until then I just tell people that I am 15 and hope that this makes most of them leave.



But apart from that the island is beautiful. I walked from Otrobanda to Punda, Willemstad and didn´t want to look like a tourist (as I am one of the few white people there that obviously didn´t work) so I didn´t buy a map and just kept walking until I was where I wanted to be. After some time I ended up on the seaside in the only cafe that was empty. This way I could choose the best table and got full attention by the employes which was important because up to this point I really needed to ask some questions.



Dodi, the owner of the café, decided to sit on my table and we spent the next 4 hours talking about the island and his backstory. Guess this is one of the things I enjoy most about the vacation: I keep quiet and they talk. Suddenly we go from holiday stories to what really matters to a different person, that lives a different life that I do not understand but value and it builds a connection. Even thought you are most likely to not see a majority of this people again you care. I didn´t care for many people during the last years so it feels good to see that I actually still can. And it pays off- first because it got me free brunch and second, because I will join him and his (Lady)friend from London tonight going to a (or THE) club, then probably crash at his place and tomorrow we´ll take a ferry to "klein Curacao"- finally going to the beach!

Because I´m actually running late I´ll just post a few pictures here. Need to get fancy and find the courage to walk nighttime Curacao and his testosterone filled streets. If I should die I will make it easy for the police and just add a picture of the guy I´m drinking with tonight. That should work.






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.