Seiten

Montag, 21. Oktober 2013

Day 14: I like turtles!

And turtles seem to like me. Maybe thats why, when I first jumped into the ocean, suddenly lots and lots of them kept swimming with me. Wild turtles are probably the most relaxed animals in existence. They just don't care. But it took me some time to understand this important fact so for the first 10 minutes I was caught in a twilight zone between excitement and irrational fear. Snorkeling in general makes me feel weird. On the one hand it´s beautiful to see so many animals and reefs and special things like turtles but then again… sometimes you stop and look back to the shore. There you are, 20 meters away from everyone with a million different life forms under and beside you. If they would unite and decide to eat you, they could. And whats even worse is when you come to a spot where you can´t see the ground because it was replaced by a deep, dark abyss. I can feel my girl balls growing by just staying in the water and pretending to be calm.


"Klein Curacao" turned out to be like a postcard image. Warm water, clear oceans, exotic underwater flora & fauna, excellent food and a huge ship that took us there and back. I made friends with a dutch family that had a 15 year old son and as we got bored we decided to climb the ship and jump into the ocean. A little kid, about 8 years, had the same idea but long before us and decided to make it a competition of who can find the highest spot. Ship´s roof. This could have gone wrong but it didn´t. Lucky us.



Another thing to do and probably my favorite spot on the island was an old ship wreck that lies there for about 30 years now. It´s on the other side of the island and the whole area is covered with ship parts, dried coral, waste and plants. The beaches are filled with dark rocks that produce a loud sound when the waves hit them.


And then there is the light house. Also nice. Like everything, from all the places on earth this is definitely one of the nicer ones or as Conchita, a local I became friends with told me: "I chose to live on this island long before I was born"






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.