Seiten

Mittwoch, 9. Oktober 2013

Day 2: This still feels like a fancy version of London

Alan and I decided to take a walk through the surrounding districts. We started at Washington Square Park which was a lot smaller than I expected and very crowded. New Yorkers really dig their parks as they are more like really small gardens set up every few meters. As we left I walked by a man who was covered in pigeons calmly drinking pepsi and chatting with people, basically living the dream.


"Find your favorite animal and cover yourself in it.", Alan used to say and I do wonder now- is there a way I can achieve this with kittens and puppies? (Since my actual favorite animals are whales and I don´t think I´d enjoy that) Would people think I´m crazy or would they actually envy me? Pigeon man sure looked happy and many "sane" people do not so I don´t really know if I´m in the position to judge any of it but this man sure got a point.

New York is a pretty place but most areas remind me of posh London. A lot of european couch surfers feel this way since Alan seems to hear that on a regular base. As we got near Hudson river the scenery started to change. We sat down at a pier from where you could see a beautiful skyline and the Statue of Liberty. (Which you can not see on this picture but I like that one more)



Around 5pm we left for dinner. This meant that we were invited to a yelp elite event and I was lucky to be Alans +1. It took place at a greek seafood restaurant where they served more delicious free finger food than anyone could possibly eat and wine. Basically a foodie convention of restaurant critics and I´ve never seen people getting so emotional over shrimps but yeah these people loved what they were doing so good for them.





Being stuffed we decided to go bar hopping in midtown manhattan and ended up at "13th step", a sports bar. Alan met a friend who hooked us up with a guy and suddenly we were led into a separate room where we, again, found ourselves next to a buffet (this time more american: chicken pot pies, baked macaroni and cheese, burger sliders, buffalo wings and all that stuff) and got lots of free drinks.




When we got home we decided to climb the roof of Alan´s apartment where you got a great view of the area and the Empire State Building. I´m sure I forgot something but last nights free drinks keep partying without me so I might still be drunk. But I think there are worse things than sobering up playing ukulele at central park and this is what I´m going to do now. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.