Seiten

Dienstag, 19. November 2013

Day 32: The last day.

I woke up after 3 hours of sleep and still felt very awkward from the night before. Since I slept in the kitchen it´s very hard to avoid certain people and my host wanted to exchange contact details. The thing about couchsurfing is: You always wanna be polite because people will write you a reference. Also I am very bad at being rude which is stupid but I´m working on it.


I gave him my facebook name and started packing my things so I could head to the airport 6 hours before my plane actually leaves. But I really wanted to go. At the airport I bought some food, played ukulele and drank a lot of coffee to stay awake. Since I would change planes in Paris most people only spoke french except for the two german girls next to me. I don´t know if this is rude but I listened to their conversation for a few hours (the flight had a 2 hour delay) and then asked in german if they could watch my stuff while I use the restroom. There was a certain horror in their face but what are you supposed to do? Say something like: "Hey sorry but I can understand you just so you know..."

And it´s not like I listened to them all the time. There was a 6 month old sitting 1 meter away from me that was more interesting. It stared me in the face for the longest time, fell asleep with the hand in it´s mouth and woke itself by sneezing and all of this in a loop. So that kept me entertained for some time.



The flight to paris was long and I watched a lot of weird asian movies. I couldn´t finish the last one which they advertised as a "comedy" but it just made me so sad all the time. Maybe I lacked the cultural context but there were certain points where I felt really sorry for all the characters and not seeing the end confused me a lot. So much that when Airfrance gave a 10 minute telephone card so I can contact the friend that picks me up and tell her the new arrival time and flight number (the flight delay made me miss my flight in Paris... again) I used all 10 minutes to talk about the movie. The phone just went dead and I realized that I am very stupid sometimes.

But I knew that every airport has some way of getting free wifi so I signed up for a useless french newsletter and it gave me 15 minutes of wifi access. Thanks to facebook she still got all the information.


On the plane to Vienna I finally fell asleep and when I arrived I learned that the company had lost my bag. I was actually happy about it because this way I hardly had to carry anything home. Karina, probably the nicest person in existence, picked me up from the airport. No one ever picked me up from the airport but I could get used to it because it´s so much fun. Especially if both persons decided to celebrate the moment, scream and jump. It was magical.

We took the train home, I tried to tell some travel stories but due some serious sleep deprivation I was´t able to use german grammar or remember what I already told 2 minutes before so I guess at least Karina had fun and after some time we listened to stuff instead of talking. Thanks again!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.