Seiten

Samstag, 2. November 2013

Day 27: Art and stuff

That one cat follows me around all day and basically started living in my bed. As I woke up today she was sleeping on me. As soon as she realized that I am awake she started crying for attention. That cat is crazy for being cuddled. I imagine the translation of her cat-words somehow like: "Human, I am ready now, you can do the thing!"



As I finally managed to get out of bed I decided to visit a museum today. Jeremy told me about this art gallery in the north district and Andy, a guy I met two days ago, wanted to do something anyway so we teamed up and it was great fun.


On my way to Penn station (that I know by heart now) I decided to not hide my cellphone anymore and finally started taking pictures of all the street art on my way. Baltimore is full of it and it all was part of the "Baltimore open wall project". You can find some information about it here:












The gallery was for free and you could see a lot of art there. For some reason Andy thought I am a painter like him so he tried to talk with me about all these different eras and artists that I didn´t know anything about. I am very bad with classical painters but I am good with contemporary art so at least there I could set my inner smartass free. There was a room where you could draw so Andy made a scribble of me which turned out quite good.


After the gallery we went to the nearby sculpture garden and ended up at in the cellar of John Hopkins University where Andy played on a piano while I helped a stranger set up chairs for a lecture. Andy is a great musician and plays like a thousand instruments, probably even good.








We grabbed some tea and soup and I wen´t to Andys place to play with his dog. I already knew his roommates (every city is actually just a small village of the same people) and totally forgot about the time so when I looked out the window and saw the sun set I panicked a little. It was a 20 minute walk back to the compound and as a small white girl this turned out to be very interesting. A lot of people catcalled and shouted at me, always referring to my skin color. The creepiest guy called me snow white and got very aggressive. He shouted that I "better come back and talk to him" but I didn´t turn around and just kept on walking until I finally got home. Scary shit, I will never forget about time again.



For the rest of the day I worked on a song, watched "Valley of the Dolls" and tried to finally bring my Blog up to date. It is 2 am now and I am just looking forward to sleep. Tomorrow is my last day here, let´s see what I´ll do. Maybe I´ll try for the harbor again.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.