Seiten

Samstag, 2. November 2013

Day 26: You can buy everything at Whole Foods

Kitt and Nick left for a wedding in Orlando and my original plan was to leave to DC today but I really liked it here so I was lucky that Jeremy became kind of my "new host" and I could stay for a few more days. Bronwin, Joe and I had mashed potatoes and eggs for breakfast. Not only did this taste very good we also just got the eggs from the chickens in the backyard 15 minutes ago. I´m a city kid, I get exited about these things.



Jeremy and I then went grocery shopping to whole foods. I´ve not been to a lot of supermarkets on my trip but every time I do I end up buying loads stuff I don't need because everything looks so good. We decided to make fish tacos for dinner, bought a fish that was about as big as my torso and I got some fruits. Afterwards we drove to a small record store Jeremy likes and even though I technically don´t own a record player I will come back with a little collection.



Preparing dinner was interesting since I didn´t know much of the ingredients but I was proud to still be able to help out and the end result was very tasty. A few of their friends came over for dinner and afterwards we finally dressed up in our costumes. I was Amy Pond from doctor who, with "Silence marks" so it also looks like a costume to people who don´t know the series. Bronwin was a horse, Joe was Bronwin, Jeremy was Tetsuo from Akira, Kimberly wen´t as Breakfast Cereals and the guy whose name I forgot was a creep. While we were waiting for everyone to be dressed Kimberly, Bronwin and I worked on some yard sale signs. I have never done anything like that and ended up contributing the two ones on the left, even using hip teenager slang.



On the way to the club we met a few people I recognized from the nights before. A band played, tons of dressed up 20-somethings pressed into one house and it only took me 10 minutes to loose everyone I know. Good thing I found one of the guys from the days before and finally got some beer but as I opened my drink people started to scream, the police came in and rudely asked everyone to leave. They had a very very disrespectful comments for everyone and I could finally understand why nobody here really likes the police.


In America it is not allowed to drink alcohol on the streets so I had to leave my perfectly fine beer in the club. Honestly this rule does´t even make sense. The guy, his roommate and I decided to follow the mob and ended up in a random house. We rang the doorbell, someone opened, went up the stairs and found ourselves in a huge room where a few kids were partying and Jeremy + Joe already became the DJs. Good thing the cops came because this location was so much better. I got another beer, talked and danced with people until 3am. Good fake Halloween!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.