Seiten

Samstag, 2. November 2013

Day 24: Oh, Baltimore.

Kitt picked me up at the airport around 1am, which is a very nice thing to do and definitely not to be taken for granted. I was pretty tired from the flight but she welcomed me with open arms and her dog so all the energy came back at once.

We smalltalked in the car and I learned that she is an art teacher, lives in an restored warehouse with a few other people and just recently saw a deer on the street while driving to the airport. Unfortunately we didn´t see one on the drive back. Man, I would have loved to see a deer. 

As we arrived at "the compound" (aka home for the next few days) I just loved it. I think it´s safe to say that this is one of the most beautiful, yet exiting places I´ve ever been to and they also have a dog and five cats. Kitt gave me a little tour, I got super exited and as a result didn´t sleep for a very long time. But thats ok, its not like I have anything to do.







I got up around 11am again and sat down with Kitt for coffee. Turns out that we share a lot of common interests so she showed me some very cool projects friends of her are working on. Baltimore actually is a very active art city and Kitt sure knows a lot about all different kinds of art. I´m sure I learned something!

Not really thinking my route through I mostly packed for warm weather. Kitt offered to take me to a thrift store so I grabbed 3/4 of my bag and decided to donate it in order to regain some space. On our way we stopped at an antique shop, a library, a vintage clothing store and got some tea with cookies in a coffee shop that is situated inside an old mill. I learned a little bit about Baltimore and we had a good talk. As we went on to the thrift store Kitt tried to introduce me to what I was about to see but I had no idea. You can basically buy EVERYTHING for a few dollars. I took this chance to, apart from warm sweaters, also invest in a pair of ridiculous silver shoes and a monkey hat that makes me look like a 12 year old. 10 dollars... the deal of my life.





Back at the compound I met a few of Kitts roommates: Nick (her boyfriend), Jeremy, Bronwin, Joe and two more whose names I can´t recall but are very nice. Jeremy invited us to go see the movie "In the mouth of madness" at the local art college but Kitt felt a little sick so she stayed home. I wen´t to see the movie with him and, after taking about 3 days to think about this picture, I am still not sure but I guess I liked it in some way. It´s not scary, but spooky- the plot works on a level where you could get a little paranoid afterwards but the dialogues often turn out to be unintentionally funny. Jon Carpenter, as usual, wrote the soundtrack for this movie by himself and it seems like he just found out what new metal is and had to process this new gained information in every song.


Afterwards we got free pizza and beer. Jeremy introduced me to Dan Deacon, who he plays in a band with and we went out to drink. All in all it was a nice evening.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.